Friday, June 3, 2011

A Letter to my Daughter

How did we get HERE? RE you are about to "graduate" from Kindergarten and move onto grade school. Where have the past 6 1/2 years gone?  What happened to my sweet little baby who would climb on my lap and snuggle...now you are up to my waist! Time flies so fast and memories are all that's left behind.

I am learning to savor each and every moment since the moments pass so quickly it seems.  I never thought I would long for the "baby" days of diapers, bottles, and firsts like I do now that independence has replaced need. How could I have known that the "quiet" when we feared you wouldn't talk (you were just taking you're time...), would become "long" conversations (more like debates/discussions) that seem to never end! :-)

I love you RE with all that I have and all that I am. I am so proud of the young lady you are becoming. You are truly a light from the Lord and I treasure the blessing that you are to me and all those that you encounter. You're heart to pray for your friends/family and to serve others absolutely amazes me at times. God has truly blessed your daddy and me with a precious gift.

I love you snugabug!!! May God Bless you richly and always hold you in his care.

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment