Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Walk Down Memory Lane

As I was "catching" up the filing today, going through all the papers/bills/drawings etc, it occurred to me just how fast the years are passing. As I went to file away some old binders and things that I'll probably never need again, but am keeping "just in case" I came across the box with Rachel's christening portfolio in it. Was she ever that "little".  Unfortunately, back then I was in such a state of "adjustment" that I only vaguely remember the "early" days.  I was too busy trying to fit into the role of being a new mother and making sure that all her needs were met...that I feel like I 'missed"  those precious moments.  I was so hung up on making sure the house was in order, etc...that I didn't take the time to just sit and "enjoy the moments".  Now when I hold a little baby...I realize just how precious these moments are and how fast they pass.  Rachel wil start 1st grade in a few short weeks...FIRST GRADE!!! When the baby days were here...all I could do was "wish" for the days when she would walk, talk, be able to do things for herself...almost seven years later, I'd love to have the baby days back. I'm sure most of you share that sentiment.  Neediness has given way to independence, a mind of her own (that warrants trouble at times :-)) and a battle to hold onto the child while letting her grow into a young woman. 

As I was perusing the "chaos" that has built up in "office" I also happened across our wedding album...hard to believe we were ever that young and just beginning our life together. That couple has experienced a lot of "life" changes in 11 years...but only recently have I become more aware of how God used each of those "trials" in our lives to bring us to the here and now.  At times I am utterly amazed at my husband "sharing" at CG. Only God can do that. I could have never imagined it.  It's been a roller coaster ride through these years, but I know that God has a plan and it so neat to see what he'll do when you least expect it or are tired of trying to "fix it yourself" (because without God, it can't be fixed).

So, dear readers, tell me, do you ever walk down memory lane and look back and see how the Lord has used everything in your life to bring you to where you are now?

No comments:

Post a Comment