Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Although I missed sharing the day with my Mom (who was away this year)...I enjoyed not having to split the day in two. It was the first year that Mother's Day was spent with just MY family and I'll admit, that it was really quite nice.  The older I get, the less I can handle the running three places to celebrate the holidays (my parents, in-laws and extended familes).  So when the opportunity to enjoy any holiday with just the three of us arises, I SO look forward to it.

Anyhow, about the day...

 I awoke to breakfast made and on the table, lots of hugs and kisses for mommy and special "surprises" of cards, books, and love from my husband and daughter.

After a wonderful church service, we took a ride over to Central Perkiomen Park  (since I had never been there before) and spent the afternoon walking the trail, running into several people from GCS and Penn Valley church (God is awesome that way, to send "friends" into your path no matter where you are!) and I actually got some time to just SIT and be still with God. (I also happened to take a cat nap...but I quickly forgave myself for the indiscretion and appreciated the time of rest! LOL) The weather was perfect and the sounds of the children playing and birds singing really added to the joy of the day.

What a wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment